 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 378
RE: Forth question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 03:14:00 GMT

I'm trying to define a constant in a compiled word.

: zzz 1 CONSTANT ONE ;

I know its not right. It tries to compile "ONE" which is not
what is wanted. What is the right way to say this?

1 CONSTANT ONE

Recall that CONSTANT is a *defining* word, just like the ":"

It makes a name in the dictionary, in this case "ONE" and then
links to a special bit of code that is executed every time
ONE is interpreted. It grabs the value out of the cell, in this
case 1, and puts it on the stack.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>