 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 169
  Long range IR mode.

Does anyone know how to switch the RCX to long range IR mode in PBForth? Dave (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

(...) I don't have this word defined yet. If you like and REALLY need it, I can roll it into the next release which will use the ROM math routines for speed. I could (time permitting) roll a special release out for you in the next few days with just (...) (25 years ago, 6-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Just scanned through Kekoka's excellent dissection of the ROM routines. Seems like system variable/register at address $ff7b contains the relevant Long range/Short range bit flag, ie. bit 0 toggles the IR range 0 = Long, 1 = Short. Could I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

<Range mode intro snipped> (...) I'd redefine it something like this....use upper case BASE @ HEX \ To keep from evaluating HEX every time... : RANGE_SET ( f -- ) \ non-zero is long, 0 is short >R FFB7 DUP C@ R> IF FFFE AND ELSE 0001 OR THEN SWAP C! (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Long range IR mode.

(...) Great, much more generalized code. What are the >R and R> words BTW? Did FFB7 C@ . and found the contents to already FE, as in, it appears that the default IR mode is indeed Long to start with. Seems like the effective range is much shorter (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: Long range IR mode.

(...) The >R and R> words are used as little helpers. The put (or get) the top element of the data stack to the return stack. As long as you dont fiddle with the return stack between uses, they are a great way to do this. The alternative way to code (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)