 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 138
RE: Palm Pilot Control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:34:49 GMT

I've written a program for my own use that uses a Palm Pilot to control my
RCX. I have an older Pilot without the IR interface. What I've done is use
the optional hotlink cable to connect the Pilot to the Lego IR tower. I had
to cut off a bit of the cable's connector to make it fit in the recessed
space of the IR tower though.

The program wasn't too hard to write thanks to Kekoa Proudfoot's work on the
RCX rom (thanks Kekoa).  I also looked at David Baum's source code for NQC
(thanks David).

Cool! This is what I origianlly designed pbFORTH fro, so you could upload
source prom your PalmPilot via the Serial interface to the IR tower...

There's even an ANSI forth for the PalmPilot for testing code!!!

I for one would LOVE to see this as soon as possible. If you post
it (even if it's ugly) someone might help to clean it up...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com