 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 137
FW: RCX Firmware and SP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:21:54 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergey Udovenko [mailto:udovenko@bluewin.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 5:56 PM
To: Ralph Hempel
Subject: Re: RCX Firmware and SP

Hi Ralph,

I'm just yet another hobbyist, so nothing is special about my plans.
Around three weeks I'm happy owner of RIS 1.5.
And I was really happy to see your FORTH porting to the RIS platform.
It was a big fun to return back to FORTH - after almost 6 years.

I think that FORTH on RCX is a greatest idea out here.
VB, C or Assembler - they are cool...  but FORTH was born for this job  ;-)

Currently I'm investigating the LEGO mechanics and pbFORTH system.
My goals is to try out some AI ideas and also some "real-life" stuffs like
Java JINI (to control RCX robot as an uniformed device).
I think the RCX itself is quite limited, so I will invest in a real-time
communication
with the host computer as well.

Regarding pbFORTH, I consider it as a great tool and will try to use it for
RCX
programming.
Some instability disturbs me, especially when multitasking used. Maybe it
was just this stack problem? At leas few times I've seen some message
vectors were overridden...

I didn't know about your mailing list before. Would you mind to include me
in it?

Hope to see your new release soon.

Regards
Sergey Udovenko