 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 850
849  |  851
Subject:
LinuxPPC and "No response from RCX" problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:03:43 GMT

Hi,

    I recently bought an RIS kit and from my Windows box it works fine. When
I try using LinuxPPC off my PPC Amiga I get the following:

[root] /home/chris/nqc/nqc-2.2.r2 >bin/nqc -v -raw 10
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Tx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Rx: 55 ff 00 10 ef 10 ef
Tx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Rx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Tx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Rx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Tx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Rx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Tx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Rx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Tx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
Rx: 55 ff 00 18 e7 18 e7
No reply from RCX

This happens no matter the ambient illumination - sunlight, artificial tungsten
light, darkness - and the RCX is situated exactly 6 inches from the front of
the IR tower. The only differences here are the computer and OS - everything
else is the same. I've tried doing

stty -a </dev/ttyS0

when nqc is talking to the IR tower and it reports the baud is 2400, is that
correct (there's two different values in the source - 2400 and 9600).

Any suggestions?