 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 681 (-20)
  Re: Military (was Seeking Programming Assistance)

(...) Its a pity that the world is such that military force is required. There's no shortage of people who will use violence to take your freedoms or life. Defending those freedoms requires a willingness to use force. Note I say "willingness"...that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Seeking Programming Assistance

It's a pitty that LEGO is used by military, i.e. by people who are trained to kill other people... Pavel. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Seeking Programming Assistance

Hi, my name is Jude Tomasello. I am a US Army civilian and am currently taking a class in which we are involved in using the Lego Mindstorm as a simulation for an unmanned ground vehicle. Because of its versatility, we are using NQC instead of the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

(...) No problem. Most of the other environments hide this sort of thing programmer, but this relies on the fact that the programming environment knows how each sensor is going to be used. I didn't think this fit with the C philosophy*, so (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

Well, Chris verifies that he uses variable 23, 24, and 25 to log values in ROBOLAB, and that he also puts in random stuff such as which sensor it is, etc. in the beginning of the datalog. But this still leaves the problem of how to clear the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

ahhh... there it is. page 312. thanks. :) i think i saw that 3-digit stuff before and i forgot about it. and thanks for the idea about the until. -ben (...) of (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: temperature sensor problem

Ben, Internally, the RCX only works with integers, but .1 degree resolution was desired for temperature sensors, so the sensor values are actually measured in .1 degree increments. A reading of 70 degrees F is stored as 700, not 70. If you change (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  temperature sensor problem

It's probably something simple and i'm about to embarrass myself, but I'm trying to write the equivalent of an RCX Code temperature sensor watcher with NQC. The motors don't seem to shut off, even when the temperature gets less than 70... (I added (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

(...) I've posted the source code for MacNQC (sorry it took so long): (URL) there are any serious takers for continuing MacNQC development, please let me know. About the only thing I'd be concerned about is that the project should stay MPL'ed. Dave (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC Programmer's Guide Updated

A major overhaul of the NQC Programmer's Guide has been compelted. Since the guide applies to NQC 2.2, and NQC 2.2 is still in beta, the guide is in beta as well: (URL) those of you waiting to try out NQC with the Scout or RCX2, the new guide should (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

You could always check how big your datalog is by uploading the first point of the datalog in VB. The third element of the first point (point 0) is the size of the datalog. Throw that in a databox and see what it gives you. I would agree that VB (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) I think chris is putting some other info in the datalog. I poked at this briefly when using an early version of Robolab 2.0, but I don't recall the exact details. I think it comes from Robolab trying to use the datalog to record multiple (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

ok, so i'm getting a little closer to answering my own question, but i'm still stuck. if i write a new robolab program to take 10 points of light data and then upload it with VB, those 10 points get put into slots 10-20 in the datalog, and points (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) But I wasn't logging variables... and I never have... I was logging sensor values... and the values were certainly not things like 9, 0, 1, 3, ... (what showed up for values) but were more like 16, 23, 32... (which show up 70 or so values into (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

(...) Variables are 'type' 0, but there's a disagreement between NQC and VB about which var is in the log. I haven't heard of any problems with NQC in this respect, but I can test it out a bit and see. ... (...) At the bytecode level, the datalog is (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: VB Upload Problem

Ok i'm lame. i had the vb uploading code in a random code module instead of a module specifically for the click of the upload button. anyway, now the data comes up in the vb list box, but it is all screwy. for example, for some data that i just (...) (24 years ago, 24-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

(...) I would LOVE to. Much to my chagrin, I don't have the time. My research project has filled all time left (Behavior Based Robotics, believe it or not!). (...) Oh man, the fun stuff. (...) Figures, now when I can actually add some value to (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Call for Mac programmers

I'm out here, and I do PP stuff, but I still don't have a RIS. (If that matters!) If it's fun GUI widget work then I wouldn't mind putting some time into it. -Erik (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.2 now in beta

(...) I'll try to get Linux stuff built this weekend. (We're in the midst of moving, so it might be til Monday.) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Call for Mac programmers

MacNQC needs some work - there are numerous enhancements that could be made if I only had a little time to spend on it. However, NQC has grown to take up more and more of my programming time, so MacNQC has largely been neglected. Are there any Mac (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact