 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 515
  NQC and RIS2.0 Firmware

I've tried using the Download firmware option of NQC for downloading the new firmware. Unfortunately it downloads to about 2489 and then errors out. Will Dave Baum be supporting this 'first release' of the firmware or will he be waiting for the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and RIS2.0 Firmware

(...) I've been looking at that for most of today. The 2489 is basically the last packet to go to the RCX, and the error is a "checksum error" coming back from the RCX. As far as I can tell, nqc breaks with any firmware file bigger than 20K (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC and RIS2.0 Firmware

(...) I found the problem... When verifying the checksum, the ROM scans [8000, cc00). Since it zeros out this area initially, this would indeed reflect the checksum of the firmware, provided it is less than 4400 bytes long (in hex). NQC sums the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)