 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 449
    size of programs —Knut Haugen
   Hi Is there an easy way of calculating the exact size of a program in bytes (for NQC). I would like to know how much I've got available for the datalog when the program is downloaded. The "dots" in the download-process, do they signify anything, or (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Don Cock
     If you use RcxCC, look at the code listing. At the bottom of each task you will find the address of the last OP code. Just total them up and you have the size. If you don't have RcxCC, just use the -L option to generate the code listing. --- DonC (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Dave Baum
   (...) As mentioned in another post you can add up the sizes of each task/sub in the listing. I know this is tedious. I was considering adding a diagnostic message after download that would show the total number of bytes downloaded. Anyone have (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Edward Gardner
     Not at all, that would be EXTREMELY handy. Something for this release? or later down the road? (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Don Cock
   Dave, How about doing the total and including it in the code listing? That way those of us that use RcxCC will be able to see it for more than a flash on the screen. (The download is only visable for a short time and then the window closes.) (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Dave Baum
   (...) Good idea - also works well for MacNQC. I'll add it for the upcoming 2.1 release. Dave (25 years ago, 16-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

        Re: size of programs —Mike Kory
   If you have a palm pilot, you can get the info you want using BrickRemote. Mike Kory Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-532A81.01...net.com... (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)