 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 267
  NQC listing mnemonics

I have started looking at adding Scout support to NQC, and in the process I am questioning whether or not to change the mnemonics used in the disassembly listings (the -l option for nqc). Currently, I use a set mnemonics that I made up when writing (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave Baum skrev i meddelandet ... (...) I would suggest changing to the 'official', and keeping a 'translation table' in a text file. In that way you can use the LEGO documentation in the best way, we 'oldtimers' that have looked at the old keywords (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Dave, I'm one of those who do look at the listings. I am somewhat torn between the old and the new mnemonics. I like yours better, but I think it would probably be better to go with our new "standard" from Lego. Of course Lego has only given us the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I second this. I look at the listing a lot; esp. when optimizing. But actually would feel quite happy with the newer format. Of course it would be nice to just have a flag; and quite cheap./ creature feep. Dw (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

In article (...) IMHO, there are some cases where extra features are actually cost justified, but in many cases they are added because the short term cost is deceptively low. Even something as simple as an extra command line switch carries with it a (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

I agree 100%. Go with the new. Dave Baum <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-041299143...act.com... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

Hello Dave ... Santa just brought Scouts for both of my sons ... and of course he couldn't resist secretly opening one of the boxes. This led to his downloading the Scout SDK ... and staying up all night! Santa wholeheartedly votes for adding full (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC listing mnemonics

(...) As a kid I remember getting a few gifts from Santa with batteries already installed. Took me a couple of years to catch on that this only seemed to happen with the coolest gifts, and that my dad inexplicably always knew exactly how they worked (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)