 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 206 (-10)
  RE: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

Terry wrote (...) I'd like to participate in this too. I'm an engineer that has two kids in grade 2 and another starting K in two years. So I want to get things moving in the right direction up here too! Todd, how about it? A group for educators (or (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

I will be teaching several 5th to 8th grade students how to build Lego-based Robots and how to program them in RcxCODE and NQC. We're located in Rural Vermont (!tm) in the NorthEast U.S. I was privileged to get to MindFest on Sunday at MIT, and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) I appreciate this -- that's what the "Not Quite" is all about. As long as you explain things well, I think this kind of compromise is the right way. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

The optimization was intentional (and quite a lot of work, actually). I know it breaks with multiple tasks, but I was more concerned with keeping the variable pool from being cluttered with temporaries. With only 32 vars to use, its quite easy to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Sharing variables and using expressions (was Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

I have discovered a somewhat non-intuitive feature of NQC (in my version, at least, which is pre-2.0) The statement: var = (20 * var) / 21; gets compiled into the following: MUL var, 20 ; var = var * 20 DIV var, 21 ; var = var / 21 rather than the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Announce: NQCIPC -- simple IPC for Not Quite C programs

[forwarding a copy to the .rcx.nqc newsgroup... --Todd] (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Turning send.c into a dll

Hi, Has anyone been able to compile send.c into a .dll file under Cygwin? Can you provide instructions on how to do that? Thanks Andy (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0.1, MacNQC 2.0 b2 released

The Keyspan adapters are still a bit of a grey area. I've had several reports of them working just fine, and one report of it not working at all. I'm still trying to isolate this problem (which affects NQC and presumably MacNQC). The tweak in MacNQC (...) (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0.1, MacNQC 2.0 b2 released

(...) Dave, Oops, I meant Keyspan, I see it does, I should have read before I wrote. thanks for the effort! DLC (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0.1, MacNQC 2.0 b2 released

(...) Dave, Does this one fix the bug when dealing with the Faralon USB to serial port adaptor on the newer Macs? just asking... DLC (25 years ago, 7-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact