 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 191 (-10)
  Re: Download problem

I've looked at a couple of traces and it looks like the serial driver just stops receiving data after a certain point. One theory is that something happens (framing error or overflow), which then keeps the driver from relaying more information. I've (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Can someone send me a trace of the verbose output for the failure case on an NT machine? nqc -v -d program.nqc >output Perhaps I can figure out what's going wrong with the serial port. As an aside, does anyone have a snippet of boiler-plate (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

"Mario Ferrari" <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:FJ0Jpv.Mvp@lugnet.com... (...) Mario, I can try to download your long program with my Windows 2000 RC2 machine. Send me a copy if you want.... Ciao Carlo (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) I received an e-mail from "Mike Kory" <kory@advancenet.net> that says: ---...--- Howdy, I downloaded Mario's big program successfully 3 times in a row on my Win98 machine using the command line interface. So it seems like a problem with NT or (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Great! I found a Win95 machine and just performed some downloads. All of them completed with no problems. I compiled with NQC 2.0 and 1.x compatibility option. I'm not sure I understand the problems under NT, but at least now I can go on with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Mario, I just loaded it 6 times in a row without a single error... How? I'm scared but I have to say it... I tried to load the program in Windows 95. There must be something in NT that is preventing to load big programs. I tried to check the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Mario, I just loaded it 6 times in a row without a single error... How? I'm scared but I have to say it... I tried to load the program in Windows 95. There must be something in NT that is preventing to load big programs. I tried to check the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) Thanks for your help. Hope you're wrong, otherwise I have to dramatically downsize my program and make it a lot more stupid :-) Some more info on the problem: - The memory has been cleared before any attempt. - I tried both NQC 1.3 and NQC 2.0 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) programs with the Spirit.OCX. I coded a huge program, with lots of tasks and subroutines, and long stretches of code. When I try to download it, I get the dots and then AsyncronBrickError returns Error 2048 (not 100% certain about the number) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) You're right - I forgot the delay (that's what I get for typing code from memory). Yeah, 'test and set' is the best solution, but unfortunately the RCX doesn't have one. The bitflag stuff is a little ugly for my tastes, which is why NQC does (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact