 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1862
Re: BricxCC Feedback Requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:26:35 GMT

John Hansen wrote:
I am revising the BricxCC GUI a bit and I would like to get some input from
users.

Do you care about docking toolbars to the left, right, or bottom of the BricxCC
main window?  In other words, would it bother you if that feature was removed?

I've never docked the current toolbars to the side. I wouldn't miss it.

What about dragging the toolbars to rearrange them at the top of the BricxCC
window?  Do you use this feature and would you miss it if it was gone?

I do normally rearrange them (normally to a single row). I'd be annoyed
for a few minutes then forget all about it if it was removed :)

The goal is to make it look more like Outlook 2003 in terms of the menus and
toolbars.

Personally, I hate the curved blue office style and prefer the "standard
XP gradiated one from explorer. I also dislike the toolbar background as
its too solid.

Here are three screenshots of what's coming.
<<http://home.comcast.net/~afanofosc/findbrick.PNG>>
<<http://home.comcast.net/~afanofosc/bricxcc1.PNG>>
<<http://home.comcast.net/~afanofosc/bricxcc2.PNG>>

Looks better.

On a related note, the templates windows is VERY awkward to work with as
it takes up most of the screen so it is either "drag it to another
screen" or "show, click function, hide again". This would be much
improved with something like the Intellisense from Visual Studio.
Maybe also a tree (docked to one side of the window) with the function
templates in.

Hope this is useful.

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)