 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1861
Re: BricxCC Feedback Requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 02:44:12 GMT

   The goal is to make it look more like Outlook 2003 in terms of the menus and toolbars.

Well I don’t use outlook, so I don’t really know what differences there are and what advantages there there may be to switching, can you enlighten me?

There are no functional differences between the planned toolbars and menus aside from the toolbar docking support. The difference is really just in appearance. I have spent the last several months in my real job working on a project to spruce up the look and feel of our very popular workforce management software package and after that I felt like BricxCC could do with a face lift as well. And since I am working on NXT support in BricxCC (a bit of which I hinted at in the screenshots) I thought it would be a good time to make a few cosmetic changes. The updated menu and toolbar painting is simply modelled after the menus and toolbars in Outlook. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish adding the “what’s this” help support while I have BricxCC on the operating table. :-)

John