 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1837
Re: Help me convert this train program to use events (NQC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:32:57 GMT

Standard Lego firmware is designed to detect low battery
condition and put RCX into sleep before voltage is so low
that RAM (i.e. firmware) becomes corrupted.

   And I've never had a problem with low battery firmware corruption... EXCEPT
at BF while running the GBC trains. How often does the firmware check the
battery level (it seems to be less often than the 3ms the other sensors are
polled, based on some playing with the datalog). I suspected it was due to the
train motors managing to draw too much current at low voltage too rapidly, and
causing the corruption. But I'm open to other solutions. It happened with more
than one RCX as well, so I don't *think* it was specific to my 1.0 RCX.

--
Brian Davis