 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 181 (-5)
  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) Yes, |= is atomic. At the bytecode level you always OR from some source into a destination variable. Dave (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

(...) This only works if |= is atomic, though. Is it? Cheers, Ben. -- (URL) grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC 2.0 and some math questions

Your proposed solution is susceptible to the "lockstep starvation" problem. Lockstep starvation happens when two tasks try to get the lock at the same time and execute the same code in lock step, like so: task 1: lock |= 2; task 2: lock |= 4; task (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) I forgot to say I cleared the memory before my attempts, and checked it was actually cleared using the Tools -> Memory Map option. The problem is still there. In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes: (...) No problem with the source. Just (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Download problem

(...) you don't want to send source, you can always compile it and send the binary... nqc -Ofoo.rcx foo.nqc Another alternative would be to download it in verbose mode and send me the log... nqc -v -d foo.nqc >log My email is dbaum@enteract.com Dave (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact