 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1671 (-20)
  Re: BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

Hi, (...) do you have any idea what the write timeout does and is needed for? I'm wondering whether I would need that in the Linux driver, currently I only have the other two. Jürgen (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC & downloading NQC programs failing

I have heard from a user of BricxCC who has been experiencing the "compile failed: no (or bad) reply from RCX" (or words to that effect) error message when trying to download pretty much any NQC program either using BricxCC or using NQC directly (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Ok, I was right. That one didn't work, so I pasted together some DOS UART code and made a PSerial_dos.cpp file that does seem to work my antique 486 DOS PC. I put a zip file with the DOS nqc.exe, the CWSDPMI.EXE DOS extender, and the source (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

Many Mindstorms RIS 2.0/RCX2 users like you want the ability to control their Lego creations (robots, webcams, etc.) over the Internet using a 'plug-in free' JAVA client interface. Currently only RIS 1.x users have the ability to easily perform this (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Spirit.ocx

"Don Beauchesne" <dcbeau@NoSpam.shaw.ca> wrote in message news:Hvq79y.1A9I@lugnet.com... (...) (I (...) problem (...) only the (...) Try this link for some help: (URL) -bm www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Spirit.ocx

I'm trying to use the spirit.ocx ActiveX control and VB to program my RCX (I realize this is a NQC newsgroup, but I didn't see one for VB users). My problem is that my infrared tower runs off the USB port, but spirit.ocx exposes only the serial (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I probably botched the DOS serial driver, but you could give this build a try. (Requires at least a 386) (URL) had the djgpp version of gcc lying around from a previous DOS project, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Don (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) I'm not likely to ever attempt such thing. Sorry about that. Maybe someone else will. John Hansen (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) Call me kooky, but I'd like to see actual DOS support (ie, non-Win32s specific code) for the serial port. I have an old, trusty Win3.11 laptop that I want to use when taking my RCX out to events, for last minute fiddling. I've found version (...) (20 years ago, 2-Apr-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Hi John, It does work. The RCX appears in the Spybot's World Table. The Range is set to Anywhere. Pretty cool... --Jay (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Boy, this RCX to Spy IR comm thing is sure going the right way! The SPYBOTICS are a little known and hidden LEGO gem. Gramps Eddie & Grandson CJ (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) I presume that somewhere that data is being dropped. It isn't showing up as data the tower reports to the operating system. I haven't actually tried the function I posted the other day so it is entirely possible that a Spybot will not (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

I'm a little surprised that the Spybot doesn't need to see the packet header byte - the byte containing the range/orientation bits preceding the 0x8n Ping byte. The header is deliberately generated with the stop bit cleared to force a framing error. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Yes, that is what another person told me via email yesterday. So a ping simulation function for an RCX running the RCX2 firmware could be: // nLinkID = 0-7, where 0 = no link, 7 = pc link, 1-6 = controller link // nMyID = 8-255 (minBotID = 8, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX to Spybot communication

This is a reposting of a message I posted yesterday in just the Spybotics newsgroup. I forgot to add .rcx and .rcx.nqc so I thought it was worth the double post. My apologies. (...) Okay, after banging my head against this for WAY too long I think I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Right, the service pack stuff is not available any more :^( As I mentioned the Technic Backhoe (8455) is currently sold by LEGO. It contains 10 cylinders, 7 switches, two hand pumps, pneumatic T's and hose. Clearly LEGO makes pneumatic T's. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

I called up the parts manager to discuss the matter. What if people want to elaborate on the existing kits, they need parts, but not another smaller sets... Besides, they really no longer sell the T-junction... Well! However, he said LEGO over (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Other than this? (URL) I thought Pitsco *used* to sell the T-junctions as well. Perhaps asking...? (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) and I have over 100 pistons (large plus small) from bricklink. I also recommend the 8455 Technic Backhoe. It has new form factor pistons which make it a bit more challenging to hook two pistons together back to back, but challenges are fun! I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The grand challenge

Was it last year or the year before that the big competition was the underater robot which had to navigate thru some sort of course. IIRC, the MIT team came in first, but their 'bot cost some outrageous amount--and the second place team used 2 RCX's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact