 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1661 (-20)
  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Boy, this RCX to Spy IR comm thing is sure going the right way! The SPYBOTICS are a little known and hidden LEGO gem. Gramps Eddie & Grandson CJ (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) I presume that somewhere that data is being dropped. It isn't showing up as data the tower reports to the operating system. I haven't actually tried the function I posted the other day so it is entirely possible that a Spybot will not (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

I'm a little surprised that the Spybot doesn't need to see the packet header byte - the byte containing the range/orientation bits preceding the 0x8n Ping byte. The header is deliberately generated with the stop bit cleared to force a framing error. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX to Spy messages thru IR communications route

(...) Yes, that is what another person told me via email yesterday. So a ping simulation function for an RCX running the RCX2 firmware could be: // nLinkID = 0-7, where 0 = no link, 7 = pc link, 1-6 = controller link // nMyID = 8-255 (minBotID = 8, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RCX to Spybot communication

This is a reposting of a message I posted yesterday in just the Spybotics newsgroup. I forgot to add .rcx and .rcx.nqc so I thought it was worth the double post. My apologies. (...) Okay, after banging my head against this for WAY too long I think I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Right, the service pack stuff is not available any more :^( As I mentioned the Technic Backhoe (8455) is currently sold by LEGO. It contains 10 cylinders, 7 switches, two hand pumps, pneumatic T's and hose. Clearly LEGO makes pneumatic T's. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

I called up the parts manager to discuss the matter. What if people want to elaborate on the existing kits, they need parts, but not another smaller sets... Besides, they really no longer sell the T-junction... Well! However, he said LEGO over (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Other than this? (URL) I thought Pitsco *used* to sell the T-junctions as well. Perhaps asking...? (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) and I have over 100 pistons (large plus small) from bricklink. I also recommend the 8455 Technic Backhoe. It has new form factor pistons which make it a bit more challenging to hook two pistons together back to back, but challenges are fun! I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The grand challenge

Was it last year or the year before that the big competition was the underater robot which had to navigate thru some sort of course. IIRC, the MIT team came in first, but their 'bot cost some outrageous amount--and the second place team used 2 RCX's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problem with lego pneumatic parts

(...) Try Bricklink: (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: The grand challenge

(...) Comparing the sophistication involved in those vehicles and lego mindstorms based robots are far stretching. The links you provide are not related to lego mindstorms, but they definitely do look interesting, of course. Some of the teams at (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Problem with lego pneumatic parts

Hi, I am looking for some lego pneumatic parts, such as the pistons, cylinder and the T-connectors for connecting the tubes. First of all, pistco does not sell the T-connectors separate from the kit (~$100). Neither do they sell the pistons, or the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The grand challenge

(...) Yes I know, and I'm also looking how they do (looks like game is over now, after at most 11 of 229km). So I was not really serious, but neither was I 100% joking. There have been serious robot competitions where Mindstorms based robots have (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: The grand challenge

Yeah... The only two team got the farthest, ~ 7 miles from the starting point. They both got stuck in gravel embankment, front wheel spun and could not get out. According to some insider info, speculation indicates the possible errors in the GPS (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  OutputStatus

Hi! I think many of you wonder what results you get with the command OutputStatus(OUT_x). I have tested it and here are the results: SetPower | Float Fwd | Float Rev | Off Fwd | Off Rev | OnFwd | OnRev ---...--- 0 | 0 | 8 | 72 | 64 | 136 | 128 1 | 1 (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The grand challenge

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, "Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote: (snip) Looks like nobody won. I was watching via the tracking app and no one got farther than 7 miles... According to this article many competitors did not get (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  (canceled)

  RE: The grand challenge

By the way, look at the TerraMax from Ohio-State (well, seems that part of the team members from companies, some graduate students). It looks a gigantum RCX brick :-) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: The grand challenge

It is conducted by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Participants from across United States invented and built their own autonomous grand vehicles to compete by being the first one to complete the designated route, dessert like (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact