 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1531
Re: write files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:10:28 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Chris Phillips wrote:
I believe that other tools exist for uploading the Data Log, but
I have not used them and cannot speak for them.

Surely you've used BricxCC?  I thought everyone has used it... :-)

A simple, yet powerful, tool you can download is my RCXTool program.

http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/rcxtool.zip

I posted about it a while back.

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2201

You can use RCXTool to upload your datalog via the following command-line:

RCXTool /RCX=0 /COM=9 -datalog > datalog.txt

(9 == usb tower, use 1-8 for serial ports COM1-COM8)

Or, better yet, you can use BricxCC and take advantage of the built-in graphical
analysis features.

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm