 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 146 (-20)
  Re: Code Repository

(...) Pick one to be master and have the others shadow it for better performance? (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

Whoops, there are already 4 propositions of nqc code repository. Which one is ideal? imho, the best we can have is only one place, with all the stuff. Or some kind of colaboration between the different hosts. Else, this won't be as usefull as it (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

Hello Dave, First, let me thank you for NQC ... you've made my RCX playing tremendously more rewarding. I've been wanting to use a Sharp IR receiver to demodulate the signal from a LEGO remote control, and then a PIC to decode the rx output for use (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Too bad! So, the next thing I wonder is if there's any way to get an RCX to _send_ these packets to another RCX... (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NQC API

I've been using NQC a bit ... and when the NQC 2 Request was posted, I got to thinking ... What about making a standard API that is not changed (except for officially) and a 'macro library' that can be added to and downloaded off of a website or (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) The remote control always sends the same sort of packet: d2 xx yy where xxyy is a sixteen bit bit-field indicating what features should be activated: xxyy 0001 Message 1 0002 Message 2 0004 Message 3 0008 Motor A Forward 0010 Motor B Forward (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) This is why it might be nice to get the remote control reverse engineered -- we may discover a way. (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) RCX contains 5 programs. Each program can have up to 10 tasks and 8 subroutines. Only one program may run at any given time, multitasking is between tasks in the same program. There is no known programmatic way of transferring control from one (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  I'll host the Code Repository!

I wouldn't mind hosting a NQC lego code repository on Maktos.com. I have plenty of space, so you could send me pictures, code, articles, news, whatever you want. I'll put it all up in its own area. I have a really nice server with plenty of space (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Not each using the _total_ max of course. But yeah. (...) Yep. I do this all the time. I often make a with-sound and a silent version, for example. It's also nice if you have a version of your program which works well but you want to make some (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) Now you have ME wondering. Can we build 5 programs each with 10 tasks, each of these programs using all of the RAM, max program space, etc.? I have yet to do anything that ambitious, but it would be cool to switch behaviours by just changing (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Tasks vs. program slots

(...) I believe that there's a maximum of ten tasks. So it would be a coincidence, but it isn't. :) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Tasks vs. program slots

I am curious to clarify something. The NQC documentation states that an NQC program can have up to 5 tasks (I think that's the right number). In addition, the brick itself has the 5 program slots. Are they related or is it a coincidence of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) anyone, allowing great amount of flexibility. I have created an area here: (URL) site is designed to be very flexible, including good viewability under all browsers, simplified layouts (for lynx, too, see [appearances]), editability, etc. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

Joel, (...) in (...) The easiest way of implementing this would be to use the Lego-Robotics Wiki. Because it doesn't require an administrator it's easy for anyone to add the code/samples that they want. For NQC you can choose to add your links off: (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Or perhaps a more general one sitting atop the others (integrationally or as a launching point). Because even when there's pseudocode for something, the actual implementation in, say, pbFORTH, may differ fundamentally from the implementation (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  RE: Code Repository

Todd: Nice work on the sample page, very easy to use and browse. I would find this format very useful. Jeff Jeffrey Hazen jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Since many algorithms apply across languages, what about a single repository for all code? (How about lugnet.robotics.rcx.code?) True, it would increase the noise-to-signal ratio for many, but it would Keep It Simple. Also, I favor follow-ups (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) Since many algorithms apply across languages, what about a single repository for all code? (How about lugnet.robotics.rcx.code?) True, it would increase the noise-to-signal ratio for many, but it would Keep It Simple. Also, I favor follow-ups (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Code Repository

(...) As LDraw enthusiasts have discovered (via the lugnet.cad.dat.* hierarchy), having special newsgroups for these sorts of things really makes it nice to follow discussions that pop up as well, since they're simply lower-level nodes in the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact