 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 139
Re: Tasks vs. program slots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:40:22 GMT

In article <37e26dd4.245212388@lugnet.com>, mdf@teleport.com wrote:

I am curious to clarify something.  The NQC documentation states that
an NQC program can have up to 5 tasks (I think that's the right
number).  In addition, the brick itself has the 5 program slots.  Are
they related or is it a coincidence of numbering?  Is the RCX firmware
providing the multi-tasking to support the NQC tasks.  Do NQC programs
with multiple tasks use multiple program slots?

Thanks for any clarifications.

RCX contains 5 programs.  Each program can have up to 10 tasks and 8
subroutines.  Only one program may run at any given time, multitasking is
between tasks in the same program.

There is no known programmatic way of transferring control from one
program to another.

The 32 variables are global across all 5 program.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com