 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1268
Re: Problems with BricxCC release 3.3.2.12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 14:39:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, John Hansen writes:
I've had reports of access violations and run time error 217 when trying to
execute BricxCC version 3.3.2.12 (i.e., the most recently released version).
It runs fine on my development machine but it exhibits this behavior on
another PC in my house.

I've discovered a really stupid bug in my code that was causing the access
violations in version 3.3.2.12.  This bug has been there since I introduced
the registry upgrade feature (3.3.2.2) as far as I can determine.  It has
been fixed but I won't be able to upload a new release until Monday.

A work-around for anyone experiencing this problem is to manually upgrade
the registry key name.  Older versions looked for
HKCU\SOFTWARE\BricxCC\version X.X as the key name.  The current version
looks for HKCU\SOFTWARE\BricxCC\X.X as the key name.  The bug is in the
UpgradeRegistry procedure which only executes if it doesn't find the
expected key name.  So it should be as simple a process as editing the key
name with RegEdit to be "3.3" instead of "version 3.2" or whatever else it
might be currently.

I'll be checking into the other reported problems right away.

John Hansen