 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1259
1258  |  1260
Subject:
BricxCC release 3.3.2.12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:36:24 GMT

I've uploaded release 3.3.2.12 of BricxCC.  A previous release (3.3.2.11)
implemented support for COM5 through COM8.  Existing users that have saved a
default USB port will have to re-establish their default if they upgrade to
this release.

In 3.3.2.12 I have added an Edit toolbar and a Tools toolbar.  I also fixed
a couple minor issues regarding the saving and restoring of the main window
size, position, and state.  These changes were inspired, in part, by Guido
Heunen's bug report.

Regarding the issue's mentioned in Guido's post I have a few comments.

1. If the main window is maximized you can't resize it.  In previous
versions if you closed the application while the window was maximized it
would start up with the window not maximized but its size was the maximized
size.  This made it seem as if it were maximized and it made it hard to
resize.  You had to drag it using the caption bar so that the window edges
were visible.  This problem (i.e., restoring to maximized size but not
maximized state) is fixed in 3.3.2.12.

2. In earlier versions you could minimize several of the tool windows.  This
caused them to hide as little minimized icons behind the taskbar at the
bottom of the screen.  I'm not sure it relates to any of Guido's comments,
but I removed the minimize feature since it was more annoying than helpful.
Let me know if that causes any problems.

3. The tool windows disappearing behind the main window is slightly
annoying.  The new Tools toolbar is designed to help alleviate this problem.
Clicking on the toolbar buttons in this toolbar will always show (and bring
to front) the appropriate tool window whether it is currently visible (and
hidden behind the main window) or not.  I also added on the View menu a
"Tool windows" menu item that brings all the visible tool windows to the front.

4. I'm not sure why the help window would go behind the main window.  Does
anyone else have this problem?

5. Dockable tool windows probably won't happen since the windows are oddly
sized.

6. The feature request probably won't happen either.  I might add something
like the delphi "save desktop" feature that would save a file with the same
name as the NQC file but with a different extension (DSK maybe) that would
contain INI settings for brick type, port, program slot, and window
positions.  That seems like it might be really easy to do.  When you open an
NQC file it would look for and open the corresponding DSK file if it exists.
What do you all think about that?

Thanks,

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm