 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1260
RE: BricxCC release 3.3.2.12
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:07:46 GMT

From: news-gateway@lugnet.com On Behalf Of John Hansen

6. The feature request probably won't happen either.  I might
add something
like the delphi "save desktop" feature that would save a file
with the same
name as the NQC file but with a different extension (DSK
maybe) that would
contain INI settings for brick type, port, program slot, and window
positions.  That seems like it might be really easy to do.
When you open an
NQC file it would look for and open the corresponding DSK
file if it exists.
What do you all think about that?

I think that's a reasonable approach.

If I send a .nqc source file to someone using a CyberMaster connected to a
diferent COM port, then this is a better solution.
Also, by sending a .nqc that usually goes to Program 5 on my RCX, it won't
accidentally destroy the Program 5 on my friend's RCX.

On a multi pbBrick environment, with specific settings to that BricxCC
instalation (CyberMaster on COM2, Scout on COM3 and RCX2 on USB) that will
ease the opening of specific source files, while not interfering with
someone else's setup, using a copy of the same .nqc files.

Now, imagine this scenario:
1) Open a ex1cm.nqc file with a .dsk saying it's for a CyberMaster on COM2
-> It will open a BricxCC session with that file and those settings

2) Then, open ex2rcx2.nqc file with a .dsk saying it's for a RCX2 on USB,
Prg=4
-> It will open *another* BricxCC instance with those settings, right ?

3) Open a ex3cm.nqc (.dsk for a CyberMaster on *COM3*)
-> What happens ? Will the file be opened on the first BricxCC instance,
because BricxCC finds no CyberMaster on COM3 and because there's already a
BricxCC/CyberMaster instance running ?

4) Open a ex4rcx2.nqc (.dsk=RCX2,USB,Prg=3)
-> The file will appear on the, already running, BricxCC/RCX2 session,
right ?

5) Open ex5rcx2.nqc (.dsk=RCX2,COM3,Prg=3)
-> What happens now ?

6) Open ex6rcx.nqc (.dsk=RCX,COM3,Prg=1)
-> Will it try to find a RCX on COM3, reverting to the already running
BricxCC/RCX2 instance if that fails ?

As you can see, BricxCC should give priority on type of pbBrick when
choosing (if possible!) between already running BricxCC instances.

:)

mc.

PS: Thxs for BricxCC !