 Robotics / RCX / legOS / Search Results: Mac BrickOS
 Results 661 – 680 of 789.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

(...) It is much simpler to download the pre-built Hitachi H8 tools than it is to try and build the cross-compiler under cygwin. (URL) them under your cygwin directory. Extract the brickOS release under cygwin. Run ./configure from the BASH shell (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.448)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

The lugnet registration takes forever :) After reading this post a light went on in my head. A few weeks ago I wrote a multi-threaded program for the RCX (about 7 threads, each running an endless loop). When I added one more thread, the robot (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.448)

  legOS 0.2.6 installation problems - a better way?

I have been trying Set up LegOS for some time now. My first attempt using winlegOS was installed but I then found out then that it could not communicate via my usb tower. I then decided to go for the full installation of Cygwin and legos0.2.6 and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.448)

  BrickOS & Cygwin

I've downloaded and installed test release 09. Once again things worked very well. But there is one definite problem with this release (as well as 08) when running under Cygwin. In Makefile.Common the lines ifdef BUILDING_HOST_UTILS # ---...--- # (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.448)

  C Compiler for Windows 98

I have been using NQC for some time now and would like to move up to C++ programing with LegOS or BrickOS. I have spent many hours following the instructions on (URL) success in getting a working system. I have decided to try WinLegOS as suggested (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.448)

  BrickOS issues

First off, I'd like to say that I had ZERO problems installing, building, and testing BrickOS on my PC. That's even with the BrickOS name change release and the pre-built Hitachi tools. You guys do good work! There are a few issues I have come (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.447)

  Re: BrickOS & Cygwin

(...) You bet. I've fixed this in CVS so it will be in our next test release. Thanks for reporting it. (This is why we do test releases ;-) Regards, Stephen -- Stephen M. Moraco stephen@debian.org (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.447)

  Re: C Compiler for Windows 98

I don't know if this will help you at all, but, I found that C progams need all the variables declared at the beggining of the program, and this became quite annoying because of my experence with C++. So I asked someone who might know... In BrickOS (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.447)

  Re: Interruptions in BrickOS

Good questions! See responses below... "Martin De Wulf" <madewulf@ulb.ac.be> wrote in message news:H51ItF.Ax1@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) You may want to check out the latest (now called BrickOS) at (URL) For us, real-time properties of the platform (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.447)

  LNP-problem...

hi there we seem to have a not so tiny problem with lnp, we can send messages from the tower to the rcx, but until now we have failed to get the rcx to send a message tot the computer, we have tried various versions of the legos kernel, none of them (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.447)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Joe, [some reordering of comments for clarity] (...) The idea is to pick a certain number of functions that will fit in the upper RAM space (~2900 bytes) and put these functions in a seperate linker section (other than the default ".text" section). (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.446)

  Re: BrickOS issues

(...) The brickOS team thanks you for mentioning this. It is our goal to continue to simplify this experience. We always enjoy hearing that we are making progress. (...) We hear you and have addressed some of them... (...) This is intentional for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Mark, This is very interesting. I have experienced strange motor behavior with programs on BrickOS before; I now wonder if this may have been the situation. I do not currently know enough about GCC to make the changes that you mentioned, but I am (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

If anyone is at all interested, I have a completed porting the brickOS headers to a set of Pascal units. At present, I have successfully written Pascal versions of essentially all the C and C++ demo files - including TrailerBot. I've also written a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Motor Control Register (0xf000)

<snip> (...) Ok, thank you for the explaination! I am thinking that the Memory Manager would need some rework to support this, since the start of memory is currently established at compile time. I will have to take a look at this (time allowing). (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

(...) I had essentially no problems with brickos-2.6.08 - aside from noticing at least a couple new headers I have to port to Pascal. configure worked like a charm. The only issue I encountered was regarding TOOLPREFIX. The way that I have my cygwin (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Motor Control Register (0xf000)

Seeing as how there's been little traffic here recently, I thought I'd post about something I found that's cleared up a little mystery (for me at least). It concerns the RCX register that is used to control the motors. This register lives at 0xf000. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal

(...) Personally, I think this is great. If a GUI can be developed for BrickOS, it will be a huge boost to BrickOS, because it should be MUCH easier for people to use it. Between this, the DJGPP compiler Ed's working on, and the whole new surge in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal (update)

(...) Pascal/OOP definitely adds a bit of overhead. It is possible that some of that overhead could be lessened by tweaking the Pascal headers. I'm going to fiddle a bit with a couple of different approaches to see what works best now that I have a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Release candidate brickos-0.2.6.08 avail for testing

After making this change everything worked perfectly, as far as I can tell. I had a lot of trouble trying to build the gcc cross compiler. With this build and the pre-build cross compiler from hitachi's website everything was very easy. Thanks! (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

brickos
(score: 0.445)

More:  Next Page >>