 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 76
Re: toolchain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:29:42 GMT

Menuconfig would be a great thing.  Xconfig would be even better, but I agree
with Markus' concern about portability.  The Linux kernel distributions get
around the portability by simply providing all three config tools and letting
you use the most usable one for your environment.  I remember the old days
when there was only make config.  Ouch.

At a bare minimum, I'd like to be able to save and load configurations (as I
do with xconfig) so that I can save my configuration from an old version of
legOS and load it into the new version.

"Markus L. Noga" wrote:

Richard Franks wrote:

Markus L. Noga wrote:

How about a ./configure script? It just needs to ask two questions...
write the answers in .config or Makefile.common or whatever suits your
fancy and you're done once and for all.

That would be funky :)
* Location of H8300 binutils
* Location of perl (mergemap script)
* Serial Port (RCXPORT) variable?
* Compile Options? eg --disable-task-management ?

Exactly. Can you say "make config"? Ah, no, that won't do. "make
menuconfig", maybe? We'd have to stay portable, though. That rules out
"make xconfig" :-(

--
Markus L. Noga          noga@inrialpes.fr
Check out legOS!        http://www.multimania.com/legos/