 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 83
Re: toolchain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:15:56 GMT

On the subject of licences: I always forget the details, coz they bore
me, but as a result of working on Apache, I do know a few things:

1. There is an LGPL that is less restrictive than GPL.

2. GPL licences are not compatible with all other licences: we can't
distribute GPLed software with Apache, for example (which uses a
BSD-style licence).

3. MPL had a problem with indemnification (related to patents, I seem to
remember), which prevented the Apache Group from using NSPR. I think
they've fixed it now, but you want to be sure you are using the right
version of MPL.

4. I _think_ MPL is compatible with GPL by design, but I'm not sure.
Someone should check.

Cheers,

Ben.

--