 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 77
76  |  78
Subject:
Compiler
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 03:53:04 GMT

I have discovered that the instructions for building the compiler on the
legOS site have changed.  They now say to build egcs, whereas they used
to say to build gcc.  This could, conceivably, be why I cannot build
good files with 0.1.7, since I'm still using gcc.

I tried building egcs, but it fails with the messages at the end of this
message.  I found a typo in the instructions on the legOS site (should
be -Dinhibit_libc instead of -Dinhibit-libc), the repair of which gets
me further in the process, but I am still stuck.  Is there a step which
I am missing?   Compiling egcs 1.1.1 (per the instructions) instead of
1.1.2 yielded a warning about shifting more bits than the word width in
__floatdidf, but the signal 7 is the same.

Messages follow...
for name in _muldi3 _divdi3 _moddi3 _udivdi3 _umoddi3 _negdi2 _lshrdi3
_ashldi3 _ashrdi3 _ffsdi2 _udiv_w_sdiv _udivmoddi4 _cmpdi2 _ucmpdi2
_floatdidf _floatdisf _fixunsdfsi _fixunssfsi _fixunsdfdi _fixdfdi
_fixunssfdi _fixsfdi _fixxfdi _fixunsxfdi _floatdixf _fixunsxfsi
_fixtfdi _fixunstfdi _floatditf __gcc_bcmp _varargs __dummy _eprintf _bb
_shtab _clear_cache _trampoline __main _exit _ctors _pure; \
do \
  echo ${name}; \
  /mnt/sdd2/lou/src/egcs-1.1.2/gcc/xgcc
-B/mnt/sdd2/lou/src/egcs-1.1.2/gcc/ -O2   -DIN_GCC   -DUSE_GNULIBC_1 -g
-O2 -Dinhibit_libc -I./include  -fPIC -g1  -DIN_LIBGCC2
-D__GCC_FLOAT_NOT_NEEDED   -I. -I. -I./config -c -DL${name} \
      ./libgcc2.c -o ${name}.o; \
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then true; else exit 1; fi; \
  ar rc tmplibgcc2.a ${name}.o; \
  rm -f ${name}.o; \
done
_muldi3
_divdi3
_moddi3
_udivdi3
_umoddi3
_negdi2
_lshrdi3
_ashldi3
_ashrdi3
_ffsdi2
_udiv_w_sdiv
_udivmoddi4
_cmpdi2
_ucmpdi2
_floatdidf
xgcc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 7

--
No honest business is promoted by spam
with the possible exception of Hormel.