 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 72
  Re: toolchain

How about a ./configure script? It just needs to ask two questions... write the answers in .config or Makefile.common or whatever suits your fancy and you're done once and for all. (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) That would be funky :) * Location of H8300 binutils * Location of perl (mergemap script) * Serial Port (RCXPORT) variable? * Compile Options? eg --disable-task-management ? That sort of thing? Richard (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) Exactly. Can you say "make config"? Ah, no, that won't do. "make menuconfig", maybe? We'd have to stay portable, though. That rules out "make xconfig" :-( (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

Menuconfig would be a great thing. Xconfig would be even better, but I agree with Markus' concern about portability. The Linux kernel distributions get around the portability by simply providing all three config tools and letting you use the most (...) (26 years ago, 22-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) What about a simplified gnu 'configure' ? Or would using that scheme mean incorperating the GNU license as well? :) Richard (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) Yes, I believe GNU configure is covered by GPL. I already changed legOS licensing to MPL because Kekoa's math routines are MPL. I'm not sure if we may continue to use them if we change yet again. What's the status on menuconfig? Are those (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) Read the MPL again. It's not clear to me that you need to MPL all your code if you include unmodified source from something that is covered by MPL. But if you include MPL'd source, you certainly have to make it clear what code is covered by (...) (25 years ago, 23-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

(...) I am by no means an license expert, but I just happen to have been reading about the GPL, and the MPL is pretty similar, though there are, of course, differences. The doc that I read stated that you can apply the GPL only to the files that you (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: toolchain

On the subject of licences: I always forget the details, coz they bore me, but as a result of working on Apache, I do know a few things: 1. There is an LGPL that is less restrictive than GPL. 2. GPL licences are not compatible with all other (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)