 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3905
  position calculating for robots

Thanks Thomas for your idea. The matter is that I was thinking of using angle sensors in order to calculate the number of the turns that each wheel has driven (I am talking for a robot with 2 wheels). I think that some advanced maths are required (...) (19 years ago, 26-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: position calculating for robots

(...) From something I read 12 years ago for my university project (a Lego robot of course, but pre-RCX), I think it required differential equations (ugh!). Probably a bit too memory-hungry for an RCX. Perhaps you could use the PC's computing power (...) (19 years ago, 26-May-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: position calculating for robots

(...) There are various geometries have been implemented in Lego bricks for this. Here is one example: (URL) searching Google for "Lego adder subtractor" for others. (19 years ago, 2-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: position calculating for robots

(...) You don't need advanced math for navigating, but sin and cos for calculating coordinates in an X/Y coordinate system. This you need independently from your steering system. Brickos has no math lib, but there where some posts on this list some (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)