 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3367
  Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

Hi, Can anyone please, please help me with the installation of LegOS on my WinXP laptop? I have followed the instructions in "brickOS 0.2.6.10 Instructions for installing in WinXP" at (URL) to the letter but I still can't seem to get LegOS to run. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

(...) [SNIP] (...) Tyler, Where is compiler executable located on your system? Ed (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

(...) Hi Ed, Thanks for replying. In (URL) Hitachi H8 cross-compiler was built in: c:\cygwin\build I'm assuming that's where it is. Also, what is the "make" command? Bash in cygwin cant seem to find it. Thanks Tyler. (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

(...) If you haven't installed 'make', there is *no way* you successfully built the compiler. If you go back to the URL you quoted, you will see make is listed as one of the required Cygwin packages to install. Re-run Cygwin setup.exe, install make, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

(...) Tyler, You can check to see what Cygwin packages have been installed on your system by using the cygcheck command at the cygwin command prompt. Try cygcheck -c If the output is too large for your dos window you can export it to a file by using (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP

You might try following my instructions: (URL) recommend using the pre-built hitachi tools which you can download via the link in the document referenced above. Let me know if you have any questions. John Hansen (URL) (21 years ago, 19-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)