 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3367
3366  |  3368
Subject:
Please Help?! Problems with installing LegOS on WinXP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 13:32:41 GMT

Hi,

Can anyone please, please help me with the
installation of LegOS on my WinXP laptop? I have
followed the instructions in "brickOS 0.2.6.10
Instructions for installing in WinXP" at
http://brickos.sourceforge.net to the letter but I
still can't seem to get LegOS to run. In the
installation instructions, there were 4 main steps and
it's the instructions in step 4 which I have problems
with. In step 4 ("Try it"), there were these
instructions to follow:

$ln -s brickOS-0.2.6.10 brickOS
$ cd /brickOS
$ ./configure; make

It's the 3rd line I'm having problems with. Everytime
I enter that line in, this error is displayed:"

"Welcome to the brickOS makefile configuration.
Attempting to find the Hitachi gcc compiler.(this may
take a while).

No Hitachi gcc compiler found. Please install compiler
and try again.
bash: make: command not found"

I found this really odd as all the steps(installing
cygwin,building the H8 - cross compiler, installing
the brickOS files) prior to step 4 executed without a
problem. Does anyone know what the problem is? I
would really, really appreciate it if you could tell
me what you think the solution to it is.

Thank you very much.

yours sincerely,

Tyler Derkin.