 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3339
    Re: Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
   (...) We finally decided to take the time and use Linux to try and get lnpd working. Although we are not familiar with Linux, our professors are helping us. Our main problem now though is the installation of brickOS. I know this should be an obvious (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Bapt Denaeyer
     (...) So if you don't want to take the time to configure linux, then you can perhaps try to download legnoppix. Legnoppix is a linux distribution bootable on CD you don't need any installation and it include all lego tools available in linux (not (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Michael Obenland
   Hello Katie, (...) A good decision. (...) To install software on (RedHat) Linux, you will use a program called rpm. Rpm is a packet manager; it can install new programs, you can ask rpm if a package is installed, you can update an existing package (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Katie Panciera
   I guess I should have been more specific initially. Our question, more precisely, is which version of brickOS can we use on regular redhat linux? We will use your directions as well, but what we were really stuck on was which of the brickOS versions (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

        Re: Help with lnp —Michael Obenland
   (...) (URL) the latest 0.2.6.10 version. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 9-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)