 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3115
Re: Newbie problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:13:33 GMT

[Ian: I realized I'd forgotten a sentence just after pressing send. So this
is not quite a duplicate of my previous message.]

Ian Miller wrote:
I've been struggling to get legos 0.2.6 working for a few days now,

It may be worthwhile trying the latest brickos testing release, 0.2.6.09,
IIRC.

and I'm beginning to make a little progress. Using the insturctions
at this site:

http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html

I finally got the thing installed under XP (Dosn't seem to want to go
under win98 for me).

Just a few notes that may help others:

Install everything you can under cygwin, I think something
might be missing from the list on the page above -

Everything under Cygwin is a lot. Why do you suspect that some required
packages were not listed?

also, you'll need
to have the Lego software installed for it to find the USB tower.

Now, I'm working through Luis Villa's tutorial in the Extreme
Mindstorms book. Unfortunately, when I try to make the first file, i
get the message:

h8300-hitachi-hms-ld -T ../boot/legOS.lds -relax -L/legos/lib
simple.o  -lc
-lmint -lfloat -lc++ -o simple.ds1 -Ttext 0xb000
h8300-hitachi-hms-ld: cannot find -lc

Any ideas about how to fix this? I don't know much about this stuff -
am I right in saying this is a linking problem?

Yes. Did the demos in the brickos distribution build OK?

Manually rerunning the ld command above, with the addition of the -v switch
might produce some clues.

Max.