 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3113
3112  |  3114
Subject:
Newbie problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:26:06 GMT

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling to get legos 0.2.6 working for a few days now, and I'm
beginning to make a little progress. Using the insturctions at this site:

http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html

I finally got the thing installed under XP (Dosn't seem to want to go under
win98 for me).

Just a few notes that may help others:

Install *everything* you can under cygwin, I think something
might be missing from the list on the page above - also, you'll need to have
the Lego software installed for it to find the USB tower.

Now, I'm working through Luis Villa's tutorial in the Extreme Mindstorms
book. Unfortunately, when I try to make the first file, i get the message:

h8300-hitachi-hms-ld -T ../boot/legOS.lds -relax -L/legos/lib simple.o  -lc
-lmint -lfloat -lc++ -o simple.ds1 -Ttext 0xb000
h8300-hitachi-hms-ld: cannot find -lc

Any ideas about how to fix this? I don't know much about this stuff - am I
right in saying this is a linking problem?

Thanks in advance,

Ian Miller