 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3118
Re: Newbie problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:25:36 GMT

Everything under Cygwin is a lot. Why do you suspect that some required
packages were not listed?

Well, the compilation process would give up everytime, despite just trying to
install just the suggested packages. (Also, given the unintuitive Cygwin
install program, I decided it was easier to say everything - I have access to a
nice fat university network.)

Yes. Did the demos in the brickos distribution build OK?

They did with the install, but when you try to rebuild them, they were giving
the same errors.

However, I've now got it all fixed. With a little investigation it seemed that
the linker was looking in /legos/* for the libraries, whereas it should have
been going for Legos-0.2.6/*. Rather than fiddling with expressions that I
don't understand in Makefile.common, I've just made a symlink from /legos/ ! Is
this a bug in the makefile, or was it just my install being wierd? I'm using
cygwin under WinXP, does that make a difference?

Thanks for your help anyway,

Ian M