 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2777
Re: Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 20:33:12 GMT

Ralph,

How on earth is it possible to build all the
cross compilers with one little shell script and 2 diff files when the zip
file that all the other instructions mention is 4MB big????

All the material, stuffing, code, etc. comes from the ~14MB of downloads for
cygwin. Using some of the tools you download, configure and make, you can
create the cross compiler.  You might want to check out some of the
following GNU manuals

http://www.gnu.org/manual/autoconf-2.53/autoconf.html
http://www.gnu.org/manual/automake-1.6.1/automake.html
http://www.gnu.org/manual/make-3.79.1/make.html
http://www.gnu.org/manual/binutils-2.12/binutils.html
http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html

I have yet to find an excellent description of this full process but have
come across a few other sources.  Currently I am using a slightly modified
version of the script to create the cross compilers to run under the DJGPP
(=DOS) environment.

Ed