 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2771
2770  |  2772
Subject:
Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:47:09 GMT

Hi. I'm still not getting this thing to work under Win98 under Cygwin. I'm
using these instructions:
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html and when I compare
them with other instructions I can't see why the sourceforge cygwin
instructions don't contain anything about the file with the h8 executables
in (win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip). How on earth is it possible to build all the
cross compilers with one little shell script and 2 diff files when the zip
file that all the other instructions mention is 4MB big????
I'd really be grateful for any help as I've been trying to get this working
for 4 weeks now.

The current problem is after I've run the shell script, I type:
$ cd /legos-0.2.6
$ make realclean
$ make depend
$ make
$ cd util
$ make strip

but when I type make strip it comes up with:

strip fontdesign dll makelx fixdeps genlds firmdl3
strip: fontdesign: No such file or directory
strip: dll: No such file or directory
strip: makelx: No such file or directory
strip: fixdeps: No such file or directory
strip: genlds: No such file or directory
strip: firmdl3: No such file or directory
make: *** [strip] Error 1

Then when I type ./firmdl3 etc it tells me "No such file or directory"
Please help me someone

Ralph Clark