 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2775
Re: For anyone kind enough to help me.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:08:12 GMT

Ralph,

make realclean looks good.

The first error I see is it looks for cc instead of gcc for the compiler.  I
am assuming you picked up legos-0.2.6 distrubition version.  If I am not
mistaken this is an error in the Makefile which causes the wrong OS to be
detected. In the file root_directory\legos-0.2.6\Makefile.common you should
see the following lines.

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT))

# NT
TOOLPREFIX=h8300-hms-
SED_SFLAG=i

endif

Change them to

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin WindowsNT
Windows_NT)||$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OSTYPE)))

# NT
TOOLPREFIX=h8300-hitachi-hms-
SED_SFLAG=i

endif

Also in the Makefile.common file under the utility directory,
root_directory\legos-0.2.6\util\Makefile.common,  you should see the
following lines.

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin CYGWIN_NT-4.0 CYGWIN_NT-5.0
CYGWIN_NT-5.1 WindowsNT Windows_NT))
EXT=.exe
CC =gcc
CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32
endif

change to

#
# WindowsNT/Cygnwin, test against several values:
#
ifneq (,$(findstring $(OSTYPE),cygwin32 cygwin WindowsNT
Windows_NT)||$(findstring CYGWIN,$(OSTYPE)))
EXT=.exe
CC =gcc
CFLAGS+=-D_WIN32
endif

There is a bug report for this but no patch has been made.  I should do
this.  This should get you further.  Once you make these changes try

$ make realclean
$ make depend

and post the output of make depends if you get more errors.

Ed

Ralph Clark <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
I'd be REALLY grateful if someone could sort out my problem. Below I have
listed the output of when I type 'make realclean' and then type 'make
depend' (having followed the sourceforge cygwin instructions up to this
point). If anyone could tell me what I'm doing wrong I'd give them a huge
virtual pat on the back.

[SNIP]

In /legos-0.2.6: "make depend"

for i in util lib boot demo ; do make - --unix NODEPS=yes -C $i depend ||
exit 2
; done
make[1]: Entering directory `/legos-0.2.6/util'
make - --unix -w -C dll-src depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/legos-0.2.6/util/dll-src'
cc -M -O2 -Wall -I. -I../../include/lnp -c loader.c rcxtty.c keepalive.c
../../k
ernel/lnp.c lx.c convert.c srec.c srecload.c lx.c >.depend

[*** ERROR HERE ***]
cc: not found
[*** ERROR HERE ***]

make[2]: *** [depend] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/legos-0.2.6/util/dll-src'
make[1]: *** [depend] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/legos-0.2.6/util'
make: *** [depend] Error 2

Cheers, Ralph