 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2776
Re: Where does "win-h8-egcs-1.1.2.zip" come into all this?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 19:25:13 GMT

Hi Ralph,

How on earth is it possible to build all the
cross compilers with one little shell script and 2 diff files when the zip
file that all the other instructions mention is 4MB big????

I don't know what you want to tell but if you want to build the cross
compiler from sources you must closely follow the steps mentioned in the
instructions. I haven't done that but running brickOS under Linux.

But:

but when I type make strip it comes up with:

strip fontdesign dll makelx fixdeps genlds firmdl3
strip: fontdesign: No such file or directory
strip: dll: No such file or directory
strip: makelx: No such file or directory
strip: fixdeps: No such file or directory
strip: genlds: No such file or directory
strip: firmdl3: No such file or directory
make: *** [strip] Error 1

This has nothing to do with the cross compiler tool chain. These programs
will run on your PC and handle the data transfer over the IR tower. It
seems you don't have a genuine gcc, running on cygwin and being able to
build PC programs. You should look from where to get it, may be from cygwin
directly.

Regards,

Michael