 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2561
Re: Hmm... install not going so smooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:21:12 GMT

Samuel,

Yes I have seen this error. I am guessing your install a couple of weeks ago
was actually using B20 version of cygwin? or that you have reinstalled
cygwin? I was moving things around and got this error along with some error
dialog boxes stating I had some missing dll like you mentioned.  Try
installing the libintl1 package which should solve the "cygintl-1.dll not
found" error ( I also installed the libintl.package).

After I installed this package I got another missing dll error; something
like "cygpcre.dll not found". One way to solve this error I downloaded the
pcre package whose package description is "Perl Compatible regular
expression library".  After installing this package and rereading its
description I realized that I forgot to re link my perl package using the
commands (in cygwin)

$ cd /usr/bin
$ ln -s /Perl/bin/perl perl

This instructions along with thedirections to download Perl were a part of
the old Windows Cygwin instruction that Paolo had created for legOS 0.2.4
(http://legos.sourceforge.net/files/windows/cygwin/legOS-0.2.4.html) but not
part of his new instructions
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html.  I am not sure is
this is an oversight or Perl was not necessary.  I know there had been an
effort to remove the perl dependent command from the legOS kernel and
programs but it is still necessary for the cross compiler gcc build.

Ed

Samuel Winchenbach <swinchen@eece.maine.edu> wrote in message
Hello,

I decided to scrape my machine today and when I tried to reinstall legos I
ran into a problem compling the cross compiler under cygwin.  Here is a • list
of the packages I have installed:

Cygwin Package Information
Package             Version
ash                 20020131-1
autoconf-stable     2.13-4
automake-stable     1.4p5-5
bash                2.05a-3
binutils            20011002-1
cpio                2.4.2
cygwin              1.3.10-1
diff                0.0
file                3.37-1
fileutils           4.1-1
findutils           4.1
flex                2.5.4-1
gcc                 2.95.3-5
grep                2.5-1
gzip                1.3.2-1
less                374-1
login               1.4-3
make                3.79.1-5
mingw-runtime       1.3-2
patch               2.5-3
sed                 3.02-1
sh-utils            2.0-2
tar                 1.13.19-1
textutils           2.0.21-1
time                1.7-1
w32api              1.3-2

Use -h to see help about each section

As you can see it is the same list as on the "Windows How To" web site. • So
I have all those installed and copy gcc, and binutils into a build • directory
and then run the script "./buildgcc.sh"  everything seems to go fine, and
then I hit the following error:

grep.exe - Unable to Locate Compenent
This application has failed to start because cygintl-1.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?  When I installed legos  a few weeks ago it • went
fine... I have no idea what is going wrong this time.