 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2562
Re: Hmm... install not going so smooth
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 12:30:43 GMT

setup.exe Package Listing on cygwin.com will tell you that you need the libintl1
package. Probably dependencies for grep are incorrect, otherwise it would have
been installed automatically.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Samuel Winchenbach" <swinchen@eece.maine.edu>
To: <lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 4:36 AM
Subject: Hmm... install not going so smooth

Hello,

I decided to scrape my machine today and when I tried to reinstall legos I
ran into a problem compling the cross compiler under cygwin.  Here is a list
of the packages I have installed:

Cygwin Package Information
Package             Version
ash                 20020131-1
autoconf-stable     2.13-4
automake-stable     1.4p5-5
bash                2.05a-3
binutils            20011002-1
cpio                2.4.2
cygwin              1.3.10-1
diff                0.0
file                3.37-1
fileutils           4.1-1
findutils           4.1
flex                2.5.4-1
gcc                 2.95.3-5
grep                2.5-1
gzip                1.3.2-1
less                374-1
login               1.4-3
make                3.79.1-5
mingw-runtime       1.3-2
patch               2.5-3
sed                 3.02-1
sh-utils            2.0-2
tar                 1.13.19-1
textutils           2.0.21-1
time                1.7-1
w32api              1.3-2

Use -h to see help about each section

As you can see it is the same list as on the "Windows How To" web site.  So
I have all those installed and copy gcc, and binutils into a build directory
and then run the script "./buildgcc.sh"  everything seems to go fine, and
then I hit the following error:

grep.exe - Unable to Locate Compenent
This application has failed to start because cygintl-1.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?  When I installed legos  a few weeks ago it went
fine... I have no idea what is going wrong this time.