 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2452
Re: cgywin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:22:03 GMT

after about an hour it finished
...but i'm still having problems

when i type "make realclean" i get a big mess of stuff with the only
noticable error being "gccw32: not found" and that occurs at the beginning.

then i type "make depend" i get a small ammount of stuff and the error
"h8300-hms-gcc: not found"

then i do "make" and get "gccw32: Command not found"

is there anyone out there that recently installed legOS under Cgywin,
especially by following
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html ???...this sure is
harder that Linux

thanks

p.s. when i "make realclean" it seems to delete half the files in the /legOS
directory.

"Kingsley Gifford" <kgifford@thezone.net> wrote in message
it seems make dosn't install by default with the cgywin setup file. i
reinstalled cgywin with "make" and other needed modules:
ash
autoconf
automake
bash
binutils
cpio
cygwin
diff
file
fileutils
findutils
flex
gcc
grep
less
login
make
mingw
patch
sed
shellutils
tar
textutils
time
w32api

i downloaded gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz,  binutils-2.10.1.tar.gz , and unzipped
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/download/legos-buildgcc.zip to
C:\cgywin\build. then i ran ./buildgcc.sh.

it seems to be now stuck in an endless loop...should the compile process
take this long? (40mins) my laptop is a P3 500.

"Kingsley Gifford" <kgifford@thezone.net> wrote in message
Hi all,

I currently use legOS on my linux machine. I want to be able to use it • on
my
laptop, so i'm not always tied to my desktop.

I purchased a Serial USB adapter since my laptop does not have a serial
port. $80!!!

I decided that it would be much easier and much more practical to use
Cgywin.

I started following the instructions on
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html everything went • fine
until step four. editing Makefile.common to read
TOOLPREFIX=h8300-hitachi-hms-  ...mine was allready like that.  Then in • step
5 when i typed "make realclean" i get back "bash: make: command not • found"
what's on the go? i don't think this has anything to do with • step#4...it's
not even starting the make process. i'm thinking this is a problem with • my
path or something....i'm not sure what to do, any ideas?

thanks