 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2424
2423  |  2425
Subject:
Using legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net VS posting at lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 13:07:41 GMT

As mentioned in the RLS doc (http://legos.sourceforge.net/rlswork/) there is
mention of communicating with the sourceforge maillist
legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net.  I don't think this is the greatest idea
for a couple of reasons.  One it is tough to get signed on.  Luis (for
whatever reasons and I am not puting blame on him) is slow to add people to
the list.   As far as I can tell I have not been added.  Second is that this
exludes everyone who is not on the list.  For an open source project this
doesn't sound like a good idea.  It limits good input.

But I do belive for the sack of project management and fluidity some
discussion should be limited to certain discusssion circles. How this takes
place is not a much of a concern as is how WELL it takes place and that is
is not excluding good input.

Ed

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Using legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net VS posting at lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message news:Gtw4Gt.421@lugnet.com... (...) is (...) idea (...) to (...) this (...) I understand and agree with you here. However, I was able to sign up for the maillist with no problems. It appeared to be (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)