 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2425
Re: Using legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net VS posting at lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:00:47 GMT

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message
news:Gtw4Gt.421@lugnet.com...
As mentioned in the RLS doc (http://legos.sourceforge.net/rlswork/) there • is
mention of communicating with the sourceforge maillist
legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net.  I don't think this is the greatest • idea
for a couple of reasons.  One it is tough to get signed on.  Luis (for
whatever reasons and I am not puting blame on him) is slow to add people • to
the list.   As far as I can tell I have not been added.  Second is that • this
exludes everyone who is not on the list.  For an open source project this
doesn't sound like a good idea.  It limits good input.

I understand and agree with you here.  However, I was able to sign up for
the maillist with no problems.  It appeared to be automated (I received the
"confirm email address" email within minutes, replied and was added the next
day)

But I do belive for the sack of project management and fluidity some
discussion should be limited to certain discusssion circles. How this • takes
place is not a much of a concern as is how WELL it takes place and that is
is not excluding good input.

One possible solution would be to add a newsgroup for
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos.devel (or development).  I like this solution
simply because a lot of people are here reading ...rcx.legos fairly often
anyway.

sourceforge has some good tools, but for threaded conversation, lugnet is
better IMO.

Joe

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Using legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net VS posting at lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos

Joseph Woolley <jwoolley@spamblock....ht.rr.com> wrote in message news:Gtw6sr.DC9@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) the (...) next (...) Joseph, How did you sign up? I looked around but found no solution to this. I even tried the old subscribe in (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Message is in Reply To:
  Using legos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net VS posting at lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos

As mentioned in the RLS doc ((URL) there is mention of communicating with the sourceforge maillist legos-devel@lists.so...forge.net. I don't think this is the greatest idea for a couple of reasons. One it is tough to get signed on. Luis (for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)