 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 206
Re: Lego Network Protocol questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 09:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Kekoa Proudfoot writes:
[ ... ]
I wonder what the throughputs and latencies are given different numbers of
RCXs, different transmission distributions, use of slotted vs. unslotted,
and the necessary RCX-specific parameters describing time to transmit as a
function of number of bytes transmitted.

To this end, i've started work on a Discrete Event Simulator. The idea is to
use this to see the effects of some of the things you mention above. Note that
this is not an implementation of a LNP above a compatibility layer that could
be directly used on the RCX. Rather, it is a simulation of how various
protocols behave under different circumstances eg noisy environments, long
delays, variance of connectivity.

I'll not say anymore about it as it doesn't do much as of yet. However, if
anyone is interested in using and/or contributing to this then give me an email
and I'll get back to you when it's in a fit state.

Mike