 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1734
Re: Cygwin question(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:19:40 GMT

I've used Cygwin some time ago, so my knowledge is not the best.  Here are
some thoughts based on my experience with Linux.  Hope they help.

"mike mcfarlane" <mcfarlane_mike@*nospam*hotmail.com> writes:

I have some problems with Cygwin B20. This may be a bit off topic, I'm not
sure, but if I am can someone please point me in the right direction. I have
legOS set up and running fine as directed in the howto, but I am having some
problems with cygwin in general, for example, to mount my E: drive I should
type: 'mount e:\ /e' in the bash shell. Doesn't mount the drive. Works OK if
I switch to a 4dos window. /e is then available in the bash shell window.

bash uses the backslash (\) as an escape-character.  On Linux
mount e:\ /e
is equivalent to
mount "e: /e"
If you need to pass a backslash to a program you shuld put two of them:
mount e:\\ /e
I think the same applies to Cygwin.

Similarly if I run gcc on a normal (non legOS) piece of code I get the .exe
file, but it will not run in the bash shell window, but will run in a 4dos
window.

Maybe PATH is not correctly set.  Have you tried "./my_program.exe" insted
of "my_program.exe"?  Just an idea.

bye
Bernardo