 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1732
1731  |  1733
Subject:
Cygwin question(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:30:32 GMT

Hi
I have some problems with Cygwin B20. This may be a bit off topic, I'm not
sure, but if I am can someone please point me in the right direction. I have
legOS set up and running fine as directed in the howto, but I am having some
problems with cygwin in general, for example, to mount my E: drive I should
type: 'mount e:\ /e' in the bash shell. Doesn't mount the drive. Works OK if
I switch to a 4dos window. /e is then available in the bash shell window.
Similarly if I run gcc on a normal (non legOS) piece of code I get the .exe
file, but it will not run in the bash shell window, but will run in a 4dos
window.
I'm running Win95 SR2 btw. I set up cygwin as directed in the howto, but
have not set up the directories or .profile etc files as directed in the
cygwin documentation.
Anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?? Is it because this is a beta? Will it
be OK to go to Cygwin 1.2 when it arrives?
Thanks
Mike
ps ideally I would be happy to run 4dos all the time as it is great, but my
legOS progs do not compile under 4dos when I type 'make myprog.lx', I just
get a load of 'bad command or filename' messages. I guess the paths are all
screwed?