 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1699
  Clearing the firmware

Hi, I've just installed LegOS 0.2.5 and its working great! However, I'd like to temporarily put the original lego firmware back on. How do I erase the legOS firmware so that the ROM bootstrap code will permit the Mindstorms software to download its (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Rick, I believe that you take a battery out and turn the thing on, which will reset it to firmwareless mode. Then you just download the lego firmware to it as if you had just gotten a new rcx. Nick (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Hold the on/off button while pressing run. Rick Byers <RickB@BigScaryChildren.net> wrote in message news:G8q7D1.3yA@lugnet.com... (...) (while (...) to (...) doesn't (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Clearing the firmware

Ok, big surprise: it turns out I'm a moron. It was cleared all along, for some strange reason I was expecting the "00:00" to come up in boot mode - I forgot that was part of the Lego firmware, not the boot code. I guess thats what happens when I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)