 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 166
Re: Rotation sensor bug found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:13:22 GMT

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote:
I suppose we could ask for help also to non-legos owners of RCX and
rotation sensors. What if any of us posts a message in the robotics
newsgroup asking for some reads of rotation sensors? Raw values can be
read with the sandard firmware too and then we will scale them. With a set
of values a bit larger then mine we can probably set up legos constants to
make them more general.

Why doesn't somebody finish up the decoding of the ROM, specifically the
routine at 14c0.  This routine takes the raw sensor samples and converts
them to usable values, including handling the temperature and rotation
sensors.  The standard firmware calls this function to do all its sensor
dirty work.

I never bothered with 14c0 because it was pretty clear (to me at least) how
to use it without going through it instruction by instruction.

Incidentally, I have a rotation sensor.  According to my notes, the final
output of the sensor is an angle measured in units of 1/16ths of a
rotation, represented as a signed short.  If you want to scale to something
standard, scale to that.

-Kekoa

P.S. All you late comers must see http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/
if you are at all interested in the low-level details of the RCX.