 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 162
Re: Rotation sensor bug found
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 06:09:09 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Markus L. Noga writes:
Lou Sortman wrote:
Well, I don't know where the current costants came from, but they are
probably just the values that one person got with their RCX.  They are

Exactly. I don't have rotation sensors, either. I think these values
were originally gathered from Michael Nielsen's sensors.

What's the current status? Is there a patch working for everybody, or do
we need some calibration work? It would be fairly easy to write a little
program that transmits rotation sensor values while the user is turning
the axles. A small host-side script could segment those values in four
regions and take their respective medians, generating a user-specific
configuration file. But I suppose this would be overkill, as LEGOs
sensors are supposed to work for everyone.

I suppose we could ask for help also to non-legos owners of RCX and rotation
sensors. What if any of us posts a message in the robotics newsgroup asking for
some reads of rotation sensors? Raw values can be read with the sandard
firmware too and then we will scale them. With a set of values a bit larger
then mine we can probably set up legos constants to make them more general.

Mario